This post originally appeared in FES Tanzania website and formed part of the resource materials for the YLTP 2013 Dar es Salaam conference.
Scholars in each of the EAC country and Ethiopia we’re commissioned to come up with resource materials that would serve to inform the delegates invited.
The issue of (youth) unemployment is much debated in Eastern African countries.
Find below different country studies on employment challenges.
· Burundi - Employment Challenges in Burundi, Compilation from Several Sources, FES Tanzania, August 2013.
· Ethiopia - Employment Challenges in Ethiopia, Martha Kibru, September 2013.
· Kenya - The Role of the State in Economic Development: Employment Challenges in Kenya, Jacob Omolo, September 2012.
· Rwanda - The Role of the State in Economic Development, Employment Challenges and Policies, A Case of Rwanda, Felicien Usengumukiza and Pacifique Barihuta, September 2012.
· Tanzania - The Role of the State in Economic Development: Employment Challenges in Eastern Africa, The Case of Tanzania, George Nangale, September 2012.
· Uganda - The Role of the State in Economic Development: Employment Challenges in Uganda, Lawrence N. Bategeka, 2012.