|Khan, Sang and DP William Ruto. Photo Courtesy of DPPS|
Press Conference September 9, 2013 at The Hague
Pre Trial Reads
- Reporting Kenya. - ICC Prosecutor, Defence Gear Up for Kenya Trial by Simon Jennings.
- Daily Maverick. - Analysis: Ruto and Kenyatta are still one step ahead of the ICC by Simon Alison
- Daily Nation. FULL COVERAGE: Ruto, Sang stand trial at The Hague
- Financial Times. - ICC under scrutiny as Kenya’s deputy president faces trial by Katrina Manson
- Washington Post. - International Criminal Court tries Kenya deputy president Ruto for post-election violence by AP
- RFI. - Phil Clark: "The ICC has a certain political naivete" by Olivier Rogez
- New York Times. - Justice for Kenyan by Kofi Annan
'One concrete outcome was the Waki commission, a national inquiry into the postelection violence. It concluded that the violence was not just spontaneous, but, in at least some areas, a result of planning and organization, often with the involvement of politicians and businessmen. This was not surprising — politicians hungry for power have long exploited Kenya’s ethnic divisions with impunity.' – Kofi AnnanTrial Watchers Kenya
The Open Society Foundation funded ICC Kenya Monitor is a good resource to track the Ruto and Sang Case.
The other site to check one's in a while is the africog site
Download OSF briefing paper of the trial here