Monday, October 22, 2012

#OccupyAddisAbaba: Off to Young leaders Regional Forum on Participatory Democracy in Eastern Africa

Google Map Of Addis Ababa

Dates: October 23-25, 2012
Venue: Addis Ababa
Participating Countries: East Africa Countries

Theme: Young leader’s roles and positions

Today I am flying to Addis Ababa to join other young people from this region to discuss what are our roles and position in participatory democracy. The East African region is going through major changes. One of these changes is demographics. Young people now form the majority in the society.  Hence the question we will be trying to answer is what are the young leader’s roles and positions in this part of the world.

Some of the things I am looking forward to are;
·         conversation and perspectives from other young leaders from the region
·         contributions of young people in the democratic spaces
·         Share my insights from Kenya

Outside the forum I am looking forward to;
·         Seeing the new AU headquarters built by the Chinese
·         The arts and cultural scene in Addis Ababa. [I have been given the heads up in this area by James Mweu who is a dance choreographer.]
·         Ethiopian Cuisine. I am not a big fan of spices BUT I am willing to go all the 9 yards!
·         Also, If I get some time I will try to go to the Orthodox Church
·         And lastly, try their beer ;)

Adiós Nairobi.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have gone through the presentation you shared on SS. Thanks for the Ubuntu spirit.